||Access-Management Performance Measures
John S. Miller
This project will identify, evaluate, test and recommend candidate performance measures that reflect access-management conditions in Virginia.
Successful implementation of this project’s recommendations will result in one or more of these performance measures being placed on the VDOT Dashboard or a statement that placing an access management performance measure on the dashboard is not productive.
The principal investigators will seek input from the project’s steering committee at five critical junctures:
• Task 1 – Completion of the literature review
• Task 2 – Completion of a catalog of potential performance measures
• Task 3 – Design of a survey regarding candidate performance measures
• Task 4 – A field test of select performance measures
• Task 5 – Evaluation and recommendation of performance measures
This project responds to a research need identified at the Spring 2007 Transportation Planning Research Advisory Committee (note page 12 of http://www.vtrc.net/tprac/pdf/MinutesSpring2007.pdf )